Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh Beautiful Closets!

The finish carpenters arrived on Friday, and as of Tuesday evening, they had lots of stuff done. On Friday, they trimmed out one door and a window so that we could verify that the trim was as we wanted. They thought that the plinth blocks on the door casing looked funny as I had specified them, and I agreed. Here is a picture of how they looked.

Photobucket

They encouraged us to get a deeper board so that the plinth block would not be the same width or depth as the door casing. With the new plinth block, here is what the profile looks like.

Photobucket

The other surprise was that although I had specified no sills on the windows as a cost savings measure, they had milled the material for the sills. In retrospect, I'm so glad they did, they look great and are perfect for the house.

Photobucket

Here is what the complete package looks like together with the door casing, plinth blocks and base boards.

Photobucket

All the closets where also complete. I know that may not seem exciting, but after the tiny closets we have lived for the last 10 years, I think they are amazing! Here my wall in the Master Closet

Photobucket

Photobucket

and Tom's wall

Photobucket

I would assume that today they will be starting on the stairs. Here are the newel posts for the stairs.

Photobucket

Lastly, the caps had been placed on the top of the beach retaining wall, increasing it's heighth by several inches. I'm really happy with the color and shape of the finished product.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment