Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lost cabinet maker FOUND!

Let the insanity commence. For the last few months I've been stressing because I've been unable to get in touch with the Amish cabinet maker I had found to make all the cabinetry in the house. This includes the kitchen, nook, great room fireplace surround, dining room corner cabinets, laundry/mud room and 5 bathrooms! It is a key design element in our "vision" for the house. The cabinet maker who I'd been corresponding with and had visited at his shop in July was not responding to my snail mails. Yes, snail mail. He's Amish, so that means no phone, fax, email, etc. And he lives 450 miles away from me! Finally, with me desperate, my parents offered to drive to his shop and see if he was still planning on building our cabinets for us. With a twinkle in his blue eyes, he said "Oh, Nebraska! I smell big bucks!" At least he is consistent. He said the exact same thing to me in July.

There are a few details to iron out on the design based on my conversation with Willis (through a cell phone to my mom to my dad to him). If nothing got lost in translation, I'll be amazed. He said he will call in about a week with an updated quote. Wait a second, call? Hmmmm...

So, since I seemed to be on a roll, I ordered the clawfoot tub, faucet, drain, overflow and supply lines and the kitchen sink! Wonder what else I can get taken care of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment