Thursday, January 17, 2008

We have a roof!

So today was exciting. First I went to the lumberyard to specify our trim, door and stair banisters. It went fairly smoothly since I had pictures of what I'm looking for and I was done (even with the boys in tow) in about a half an hour. None of our other selection appointments have gone as smoothly, so I hope I didn't make any mistakes...

While I was out there, I decided to swing past the house. The bad news is that no one was working at 11am on a Thursday, hmmmm. The good news is that I was able to see and walk through the house in the daylight. It looks a lot different in the sunshine than with our high beams shining on it. :)

They have plywood over all the window and door openings. I'm assuming they are trying to keep the snow out of the structure. Here's a picture of the front. There will be a porch which extends out another 2 foot in front of the entry way.

Photobucket

This is the back from across the lake. I'm really liking be able to see the house from so many viewpoints instead of staring at a two dimensional elevation. There are angles I didn't realize would be there.

Photobucket

This is the south side of the house. The arrow is pointing at the chase which goes up the side of the house. This will be covered in stone.

Photobucket

And this is the north side of the house. I like how the big windows which go into the bedroom up break up the space.

Photobucket

Finally, and I didn't even realize this until I got home, a few of our knee braces are on! These will be 30+ of these placed under the eaves on all the gables.

Photobucket

Still waiting for those darn windows, but I guess it will take them a couple of days to frame in the roof soffits (especially if they don't show up at the site!)

No comments:

Post a Comment