Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Staining begins

I went out to the house today to meet with our landscape designer. The design was done right as the foundation for the house was being dug and before the bed preparation and plant installation began, I wanted to revisit the plan. With a few minor tweaks, I believe we will be ready for installation as soon as the exterior is painted and the trench to the dock is dug.

The painters were also on site, had all our doors stained and had begun on the windows.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They anticipated finishing the stain today and applying the four coats of sealer and finish coats tomorrow.

When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised to find our mailbox on the front porch. It has more "bling" than we anticipated, but I think once it begins to weather and develop a patina, it will be great.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment