Sunday, July 13, 2008

We have cabinets!

We unloaded a twenty foot trailer FULL of cabinets last night. I'm having trouble typing this morning, my arms ache so badly! There were so many pieces, and as we put them in place, they changed the look of every room. We didn't finish until dark so pictures will have to wait until today, but I'm so happy to finally have them onsite.

We had one cabinet slightly damaged in transport, but it should be an easy repair. I also discovered one cabinet that is 3" too deep. I thought at first that the cabinet makers had missed that it was a shallower cabinet, but I went back and checked my specifications and I had mislabeled it in two of of three places, so the blame is on me. Because it is the depth, I'm fairly certain out trim carpenter will be able to use the same face front and modify the cabinet box and drawers without too much trouble.

Today, I'll verify all the cabinet measurements and try to anticipate any questions and issues the installers may have on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment