Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Building a house from a distance

So I posted so little in the last week and a half because I've been out of town for basically that long. The week before this I was on a business trip. On Friday, I ran out to the house to meet with the GC and electrician and make sure everything was on track. Things seemed to be going well and there was a lot of activity at the house. They were finally pouring the basement floor, the roofers were on site and there were a lot of electricians pulling wire and installing recessed lighting. The siding was in and we expected installation to begin in the next week.

This week we are out of town again through Saturday, but I spoke briefly with our GC today. We decided to install the shower enclosure for the basement bath. I believe siding was going up because he inquired about the dog door for the basement. I guess that our front door was installed because the installers told me there is another piece of brick moulding missing... They went ahead and installed without it. Our GC also wanted manuals for the appliances that we purchased from an alternate source (the range and hood). It sounds like things are really moving along. I CAN'T WAIT to get back in town so I can see the progress. It is very frustrating to be so far away.

The most exciting thing to see will be the siding. I REALLY HOPE we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment