Friday, February 15, 2008

Low Voltage Wiring "Mostly" Done

It was a long (and cold) three days, but my brother and I (with the help of my Dad on two days and my Mom on another) managed to finish almost all of the low voltage wiring. We are still waiting for the basement floor to be poured, so we couldn't add the 20 or so lines that will need to be pulled on that level, but we did pull almost 70 lines on the upper two floors. It was exhausting, but I'm so glad we got it done. The next phase will be making sure the speaker rough in kits are placed before the drywallers show up and making sure all the boxes (which are tapped in place now) are properly set after the electrician is through. We are getting there...

The bad news is that we went to install the front entry on Thursday and found that we were missing a piece. The good news is that the door itself was in good shape. However, we had to haul it back to the yard for storage and reorder the top piece of brickmoulding. I was SO looking forward to having a front door. It is a PITA to move the huge sheets of plywood which are braced against the front opening every time you want to enter or leave the house but it is way too cold to leave them down. Hopefully the missing piece will arrive in short order and the front door will be properly roughed in. I need to add confirming this with my GC to my ever growing list...

No comments:

Post a Comment